The Day Care Unit applies successful anti-COVID measures
Fundació ACE’s Day Care Unit, formed by the Day Centre, the Day Hospital and the Memory Workshops, ends the year 2020 without COVID-19 infections in their centres.
During the first virtual meeting of the year with families and caregivers, the heads of Day Care Unit have made a very positive evaluation of the measures included in the UAD Reopening Plan and Cleanliness Plan. Thanks to them, our healthcare centres are a safe place to treat cognitive impairment and dementia.
America Morera, deputy director of the Day-care Unit of Fundació ACE, values “the involvement and rigor of the entire UAD team in ensuring the safety of our users. For us, the most important thing is that our healthcare centres are safe, and that families, users and professionals feel protected and calm while therapy is carried out in person. It is an important victory because in this way, we can also continue to protect their memory”.
Security measures and cleaning and disinfection protocol at the UAD
Despite the fact that the Day Care Unit had to stop its in-person activity for a few months – from March to June and August – the return to face-to-face has been doing gradually and with limited capacity in our healthcare centres. In addition, with these two big measures, we have established the following:
- At the entrance to the centre, soles of shoes and hands are disinfected, the temperature is taken, and a single-used gown is placed on each user.
- The professionals work wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The space and groups have been reorganized to guarantee the safety of users and professionals.
- Constant disinfection of furniture and a single use of the material.
- Ventilation of the areas.
- Safety distance between users and methacrylate screens during the meal and activities.
- When leaving the centres, the hands are disinfected again, and the temperature is taken.
Prevention with PCR and serological tests
In addition to daily safety measures, Fundació ACE performs narrow down tests on users and professionals from the Day Care Unit.
Thus, each new user of our centres undergoes a test (PCR or TAR), as well as a monthly follow-up of users and professionals through COVID-19 detection tests and, in addition, a telephone follow-up calls of patients who have been in close contact with a positive o are positives.
Reinventing ourselves to offer the best service
During the lockdown and the closure of the centres, our Day Care Unit professionals continued to provide service to users and their families, with periodic follow-up calls, as well as using new technologies to continue with therapy and memory workshops.
The virtual memory workshops have been so successful that some families have decided to continue with this methodology due to uncertainty or the danger of contagion when living home. Thus, our virtual memory workshops are still active for all those people who, for the moment, do not want to return to our centers.
To make an appointment or request more information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call to:
- Day Centre and Memory Workshops: (+34)93 444 10 24 - (+34)610 595 943
- Day Hospital: (+34)93 444 31 09 - (+34)610 595 943