Carla Abdelnour participates in the AD/PD 2021 congress
Carla Abdelnour, neurologist at Fundació ACE, speaks at the 15th international conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases (AD / PD) to discuss the future prospects of Alzheimer's dementia with the aim of providing tools to the medical community for its better management and treatment.
Specifically, Abdelnour's intervention will focus on the stratification of patients in the design of clinical trials and practices. This session is part of a Roche panel and is already available on the congress website.
Attendees, in addition to viewing this session, will be able to ask their questions on March 12, from 2:00 p.m. at 3:00 p.m., when the neurologist from Fundació ACE will connect live to answer all questions and comments.
Presence of Fundació ACE
In addition to the intervention of Carla Abdelnour, Fundació ACE is present at the congress with 5 posters showing different advances in clinical trials, genetics, treatments and assistance to people with dementia.
Specifically, the principal investigators of Fundació ACE, Dr. Mercè Boada and Dr. Agustín Ruiz, participate as co-authors of the following posters:
- Effect of plasma exchange with albumin replacement on albumin levels and blood brain barrier integrity of Alzheimer’s disease patients.
- Effect of plasma exchange with albumin replacement in Alzheimer’s treatment on patient-reported health-related quality of life (HRQOL).
- Topline etheral phase II trial data.
- A meta-analysis of GWAS in dementia with Lewy Bodies.
- A genome-wide association study for CSF aβ42 and TAU with 6,000 individuals.
The 15th International Conference on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease (AD / PD) is held online from March 9-14, 2021.