Objectives: To intervene in episodic memory
Instructions: Read the following story to the patient and then have them respond to the questions that follow.
Jorge Pérez left the house every morning to go to work. On Monday, Jorge had to arrive early to go to a staff meeting. But on Sunday night, he forgot to set his alarm and he overslept the next morning. When he got to work, the meeting had already finished.
1- What is the main character’s name?
2- Why did he leave the house every morning?
3- Did he set his alarm on Sunday night?
4- In the morning, did he wake up in time to get to work?
Write down 20 objects that can be found in the street.
Objectives: To intervene in numerical memory.
Instructions: The patient must remember the numbers that are read out to them, and add them together.
4, 8, 9 (21)
7, 6, 4 (17)
6, 7, 2 (15)
2, 3, 1 (6)
9, 4, 5 (18)
9, 3, 4 (16)
4, 8, 2, 5 (19)
1, 2, 3, 4 (10)
4, 5, 6, 7 (22)
8, 2, 0, 1 (11)
1, 1, 1, 9 (12)
6, 5, 2, 8 (21)
Write down 35 objects that can be found in a dance hall.
Example: dance floor.
Write down 10 objects that can be found in a church.
Read them the following sentences one at a time and ask them to repeat them:
– We’re going to the beach this afternoon.
– This spring will be drier than last spring.
– My son has been studying to go to university.
– The audience was satisfied with the painter’s exhibition.
– In summer we will visit my parents, who live in Soria.
– Our next-door neighbour has bought a new pet.
– The prime minister has held a conference to talk about climate change.
Explain that they are going to do an exercise where they must use arrows to show different historical monuments and their cities.
- PUERTA DE ALCALÁ
- CATEDRAL DE SANTIAGO
- SAGRADA FAMILIA
- COMUNIDAD DE MADRID
- PAÍS VASCO