ACEHEALTH: let's bridge de gap
A project designed by Fundació ACE
Help us bridge all the gaps with quality personalized telematic assistance to cope with the new normal.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made clear the need to transform care for vulnerable people. At Fundación ACE we want to guarantee the best quality of care and monitoring to this group to minimize risks and provide adequate support to caregivers and family members.
The ACEhealth project consists of developing and implementing an online platform that allows offering comprehensive care to people with cognitive impairment or dementia.
This platform will collect the fundamental aspects of patient care: diagnostic visits, monitoring and individualized therapeutic intervention plan.
With the ACEhealth platform underway, patients and caregivers will have a contact tool with a multidisciplinary team with more than 25 years of experience in the diagnosis, research and treatment of dementia.
The objectives of this project are:
- Minimize travel to medical visits in order to avoid risks of contagion of COVID-19, both for the affected person and the caregiver.
- Bring the diagnosis closer to people who are in rural or distant areas and who currently do not have easy access to adequate medical care.
- Facilitate the early detection of people who are concerned about their memory, saving them time and other visits; which will help desaturate primary care.
- Facilitate caregivers to balance the care of a person with cognitive impairment or dementia with their work and personal life.
Why is quality telematic care important for people with Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's and other dementias are pathologies that increase vulnerability to viruses such as COVID-19. They often manifest themselves by affecting the mobility of people, making traveling a considerable effort as well as an additional risk in a pandemic situation.
- A complete diagnosis of a patient affected by Alzheimer's disease requires five face-to-face visits and one or two annual monitoring visits, always accompanied by a family member. In addition, an interview with the family caregiver is often necessary to know the possible structure of care.
- Telematic assistance allows multidisciplinary care (neurology, neuropsychology, social work and care) sustained and of high quality for patients around the world, patients with mobility difficulties or who reside in remote locations.
- In situation of semi-confinement or restricted mobility, many people from vulnerable groups choose to self-confine and, for people with dementia, these measures that alter their routines and minimize stimulus, can increase the progression of deterioration in an irreversible way.
With ACEhealth, we aim to ensure that no one with Alzheimer's stops receiving care due to the pandemic. Can you help us make this dream come true?
To be defined
- - Carner Barcelona
- - Covalco
- - Cole Haan
- - Fiatc Residencias
- - Fujifilm
- - Fundació Castell de Peralada
- - Fundació Mir-Puig
- - HP
- - Majoral
- - Matimañana
- - Natura Bissé
- - Nutricia
- - Oliva Torras
- - PeixACasa
- - SIMM Imatge Mèdica
- - RosaGres
- - Rotary Club Olot - La Garotxa
Project leader at Fundació ACE
Dr. Mercè Boada, co founder and medical director
Fundació ACE Diagnostic, Care and Research Team
Links of interest